Sunday, September 21, 2014

My Dorm... FINALLY



Finally, my dorm was clean for more than eight hours and for that reason I can finally do a post about it! Despite us living in the same house for 11+ years I never really got to decorate my room for various reasons, such as my mother thinking I’m too messy and neither of use being able to agree on a paint color or theme. Finally, I got to college and new that I finally had the chance to decorate my room the way I wanted it to be. Of course, I couldn’t paint, put holes in, or bring in new furniture, but I am quite pleased with what I’ve done with it.


Originally, I did not have a planned color scheme, but I did notice that I was more drawn to black and white during the summer. Despite my love for the colors, I think that having a monotone color scheme wouldn’t be good for my mental being, so I thankfully found by bedspread at Urban Outfitters. I loved the mix of prints and colors and instantly fell in love with it. My pillowcases came from various places. My black silk one was from the beauty supply store, the striped one from my bedspread at home, and the monogrammed pillowcase was a present from my cheerleading team.


Next I searched IKEA for more storage containers because I new a regular dorm closet wouldn’t be able to hold all of my clothes. I found this rack within their ALGOT series (which is customizable). My lamp was also an IKEA purchase.


The mirror was from Tuesday Morning, and my tray was a last minute H&M purchase. The teacups came from a set at home.


My decorations were from Etsy; I must admit that I stalked both buyers for quite awhile. My tassels were from StudioMucci who were extremely accommodating to the fact that I needed them before a certain date (they are handmade so it does take a while to get them made and shipped out). The paintings were from ohgoshCindy and because of my timing they were on 20% which I was ecstatic about. This being said, I bought a majority of my stuff during holiday weekends this summer (patriotic holidays tend to have the better sales).


The laundry basket was a gift from my mother, and the black collapsible containers were also from IKEA.


Finally, I put up pictures of my loved ones with coordinating washi tape purchased from Office Depot. My chevron containers were also from Bed, Bath & Beyond.


If you have any questions please feel free to contact me on any social network or in the comments below, I would LOVE to hear from you!  

As always thank you for reading! 
XOX

No comments: