Tuesday, July 29, 2014

July Beauty Favorites

This month has been a bit hectic for me, but these products have definitely made the month go by a bit quicker which I am extremely grateful for!


Maybelline's Fit Me Powder
First up is Maybelline's Fit Me Powder in 355 Coconut. This is the first powder that I have ever experimented with on my own and so far I am pleased with its results. This actually took the place of the Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder that I was desperately searching for but could not find, but for my first powder it got the job done. When I say this I mean that it somehow gave my skin a nice glow, while subduing its normal oiliness. Although I am happy with how my experimental powder turned out I still would LOVE to try a matte powder, so if any of you use it please tell me what you think of it or any other powders you love!


NYX's Green Tea Blotting Paper
My second item is definitely one of my favorite makeup buys of all time, even though it isn't technically makeup (although it does help me look a little more presentable which is greatly appreciated). On a whim, I picked up NYX's Green Tea Blotting Paper and I am very impressed with how much oil it can pick up (sorry if that sounds a bit gross but it is quite true). After a midday nap I woke up to find that my face looked like it had been slathered in Vaseline and with me only having 15 minutes to get to a banquet I was not too keen to the idea of taking everything off only to put it back on again. Thankfully I had these which got rid of my oiliness but kept my makeup intact. They also left me feeling quite refreshed!


Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Foaming Milk and Body Wash
I am currently the owner of ten Shea Moisture products, and this Coconut & Hibiscus Foaming Milk and Body Wash  is my favorite of the body products I have by them. Not only does it smell like a fresh mix of tropical and sweet scents, but the texture of it feels absolutely luxurious. I must say that I am a complete sucker for the Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus and this wash only encourages my obsession.



Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara
Next up is my Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara. I often use this particular mascara for a more individualized lash look but I also enjoy layering it with other mascaras for a more dramatic look. Although it was a free gift, I intend on buying the mascara when it runs out. I must say that I am not too fond of the attached lipstick but I believe that the idea of a combined product is a great concept but the color of the lipstick doesn't really suit my skin tone as much as I would like.


Kiss Perfect Curl Eyelash Curler

I was SO incredibly excited when I finally bought this Kiss Perfect Curl Eyelash Curler!  I have wanted an eyelash curler for an extremely long time and after trying this once I couldn't believe I went so long without it! It truly makes my lashes and mascara pop although I must suggest that you heat it up for 15 seconds (and let it cool) for the best results but I think that may work with any lash curler.


Organix Hydrating Macadamia Oil Intensive Moisture Mask
Because my job required me to be in chlorine three times a week I was quite paranoid about the damage it could cause even with my regular washings and conditionings so I pulled out an old favorite to protect my hair from any damage. My life saver was this Organix Hydrating Macadamia Oil Intensive Moisture Mask. I would work through a generous amount through my hair after rinsing off after pool time which left my hair feeling soft and moisturized. Even after rinsing it out later it sill made my hair feel like butter which I absolutely loved!


Thanks for reading! xox











No comments: