Friday, June 20, 2014

June Beauty Favorites




When I first thought of starting a blog I never thought of including a beauty aspect because of lack of experience and overall expertise. However, I think blogging my beauty journey will be a fun learning experience for me and maybe even a little entertaining for my readers. So I will be starting my first beauty blog post with “June Favorites”.




First up is Maybelline’s Dream Liquid Mousse in “Caramel ‘Dark 2’”. This was actually the second foundation I ever bought and lately I have been blending this and my other foundation together for an overall even, glowing look. I was introduced to this product by my best friend (who also takes all of my pictures for the blog) after I forgot my makeup bag at my house and was in desperate need for cover-up. I instantly feel in love with how easily it went on how glowing it made my skin without it feeling heavy and oily. Because of the scorching Southern summer heat I easily sweat off makeup, but thankfully this product is surprisingly persistent.



Next up is my favorite fragrance of the month, Our Moment by One Direction (insert any cliché boy band joke here, I’ve heard them all). All jokes aside, I actually love the grapefruit and berry notes, especially for warmer months. I was pleasantly surprised by how often I’ve started wearing the subtly fruity scent because for as long as I can remember I have been a strictly vanilla scented fragrance wearer, but around the time of my graduation I decided that fragrances needed a mature upgrade. I was not completely ready to give up my vanilla fragrances, so I started wearing both and I must say that I am quite happy with the results.



This Maybelline One by One Volum’ Express is also a product that I mooched off of my best friend.  I was actually looking to switch mascaras and I must say that this particular one has caused my recent obsession with mascara. It not only lengthens and separates, but it also stays put even when I begin pouring sweat and when my eyes begin to water.



I am quite positive that every makeup-wearing girl in the world has an EOS Lip Balm in her makeup bag and it is not hard to see why. Not only does it actually moisturize my lips, but I have also realized that it does make my lips plumper. My favorite thing about EOS is that I don’t have to constantly reapply it throughout the day. This particular flavor is Summer Fruit.



Once again, my best friend has proved to be my beauty godmother because she also turned me onto this Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curling Gel Soufflé. For any of you who have seen my Instagram you might have noticed that when my hair is not straight, it is quite wavy and VERY volumous. In an effort to grow my hair out I am going completely natural this summer, which means that I will not be straightening my hair at all, or using any heat on it. Despite the fact that I am natural for most of the year, I am experimenting with new styles and this soufflé makes it so much easier to try new styles. I apply it at night and when I wake up in the morning my hair is extremely soft, shiny, and it seems as though my split ends have disappeared overnight. My hair has not looked or felt this healthy in a long time and because of this I intend on buying the entire Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus collection.



Finally, my favorite nail polishes of June (and all time) are Mint Candy Apple, Bikini So Teeny, Urban Jungle, and Turquoise and Caicos by Essie. I could never justify the thought of buying nail polish that almost cost ten dollars, but Essie polishes are definitely worth the price. I am currently wearing Mint Candy Apple on fingers and Bikini So Teeny on my toes and I have gotten a great deal of compliments on both. Traditionally, I only wear coral and light pink on toes and jewel tones on fingers, but I figured that if I was finally going to step outside of my comfort zone why not do so with such gorgeous colors as these? Unlike other polishes that I have used, Essie polishes have been able to survive chores, hair washings, sports, and everything else that causes chipped nails. Although I still think of them as splurges, I will definitely be buying more!
Thank you for reading my first beauty post! Please feel free to comment or message me about what you think! xox

No comments: