Saturday, July 5, 2014

Breaking Tradition on the 4th



Vintage top similars can be found here and here, Old Navy shorts, ASOS watch, Old Navy sandals


I hope you all had a great 4th of July! Mine was quite eventful and a little untraditional. For as long as I can remember I have spent Independence Day in Indiana with my family where we would cookout and launch massive amounts of fireworks. Because of work I was unable to go this summer and instead I spent the holiday with close friends making vegan food, watching “Jaws”, and launching some somewhat disappointing fireworks. Throughout the day I constantly thought of how fun it was to try some new things and began to think of other traditions that might change now that I’ll be on my own. Despite the anticlimactic ending I really enjoyed my nontraditional Independence Day and cannot wait to make new traditions and encourage you all to do the same.

My Independence Day outfit was a mix of vintage and old purchases from Old Navy. The top is a vintage find courtesy of my mom, the shorts and sandals are both from Old Navy. I will try to find similar items and link them.

Thanks for reading! xox


Close friends

My failed attempt of spelling with sparklers! : (
  

No comments: