Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Atlanta Street Food Festival


This past weekend was an unusually busy one for me. I spent all day Saturday in the city at the Atlanta Street Food Festival and Atlantic Station. I must say that the food festival was the highlight of my summer and I am extremely grateful for my best friend finding it. For those of you who might not know what the Atlanta Street Food Festival is, it is a festival where over forty food trucks gathered in Piedmont Park to give the public a chance to experience various dishes and expand their pallets. This was my first food truck experience and none of them disappointed. Through out the course of the day I had Peach Bubble Tea, Asian Tacos, a Japanese soda called Ramune, Acai Berry Tea (courtesy of Keurig), and a Chocolate Sea Salt Pop. Aside from the AMAZING food, my favorite part about the fair was that a percentage of proceeds went to a charity and this year it was The Giving Kitchen


My best friend Caroline and I with our The Bubble Tea Truck Peach Bubble Tea Caroline is an incredibly talented artist and writer so please check out her stuff at Wattpad and Etsy!


Bento Bus Asian Tacos with Teryaki Chicken, seasoned lettuce, Asian pico de gallo, tempura bits, and special sauce. Also, the hardest soda bottle I have ever had to open in my 18 years.
 
King of Pops Chocolate Sea Salt Popsicle 
My free Keurig Acai Berry Vitamin Burst Tea


 Since this was the only festival I will be attending this summer, I tried to dress the part (without going full-blown Coachella) with an old H&M empire waist dress, H&M sunglasses, and Forever 21 boots. Later on in the evening I added a Forever 21 boyfriend blazer.

H&M dress similar here, Forever 21 blazer, Forever 21 boots

All in all, I had a great time experiencing new foods with old friends and would definitely recommend anyone to try a street food festival at least once in their lifetime.

Thanks for reading! xox


No comments: